Join hundreds of Christians from across the Brazos Valley who are uniting and standing for life. Stand & Pray is an opportunity offered by the Coalition for Life for volunteers to sign up for one hour a week to stand and silently pray in the public right-of-way in front of the Planned Parenthood abortion facility in Bryan. What a difference an hour can make!
Why is it effective?
- Positive solution that brings attention to the reality of abortion in our hometown
- Calls the community to pray for an end to the destruction of human life that takes place inside of Planned Parenthood.
- Powerful witness that the Christian community is united for women and the unborn
- It quietly testifies to the customer that the community is here for them and they do not have to enter the abortion clinic.
Does this method work?Everywhere this strategy is organized effectively, it is successful. Dozens of clinics have closed nationwide and here in Texas…..
- Amarillo, TX - Region had 18 Planned Parenthood facilities only a few years ago. One local church leader began to organize a constant, prayerful presence, and to date, 14 of the 18 clinics have gone out of business and closed.
- Bryan/College Station, TX - On the anniversary of Roe vs. Wade, ABC’s “Nightline” reported that the presence in Bryan/College Station was shaping the abortion debate in America. Additionally, abortion numbers have dropped, including a 28% decrease in 2004, and crisis pregnancy centers have called and reported that women choose life and leave Planned Parenthood because of the volunteers praying outside.
You can make a difference!
You can help end abortion in the Brazos Valley by committing to just one hour each week. All volunteers must sign a “Statement of Peace” and will be accompanied by a Coalition for Life staff member on their first time to Stand & Pray.
Don’t hesitate to be part of this lifesaving opportunity! Get your church or organization to Stand & Pray together. Available hours range from 8:00 AM until 5:00 PM, Monday-Saturday. Contact us today to get times that fit your schedule by calling (979) 846-2825, e-mailing email@example.com, or filling out the sign-up form.
Note: Prayer volunteers do not counsel at the clinic; they just pray silently. If you are interested in counseling, please visit our sidewalk counseling page.